Aqualyx is an injectable treatment that dissolves small pockets of excess fat under the skin. Sometimes called Aqualysis, Aquaplasty, or intralipotherapy, it’s not yet approved by the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) but has been popular in Europe since launching in Italy in 2009. There, it’s also known as Motolese Solution, after the doctor who developed it.
This noninvasive procedure is primarily performed to treat a double chin. It can also be used to treat fatty deposits along the jawline and on the knees, elbows, upper arms, muffin top, and other small areas.
Using a synthetic form of deoxycholate, a digestive bile naturally made by the liver, the fat-dissolving injections of Aqualyx “liquefy fat cells, destroying them for good,” explains London plastic surgeon Dr. Yannis Alexandrides.
The solution breaks down the cell membrane, releasing its fatty acids. “The fat is then eliminated naturally, through the lymphatic system,” says Dr. Alexandrides. Results typically take six weeks to appear.
What are the Benefits of Aqualyx?
- Removing stubborn fat when exercise and diet cannot
- Eliminating cellulite and fatty deposits
- Treat pseudo-gynecomastia in men
- Suitable for all the following parts of the body: Thighs, Knees, Buttocks, Hips, Back, Stomach, Chin, Saddlebags
How is the treatment carried out?
- As multiple injections are necessary to treat larger areas, it is generally recommended for small, hard-to-treat areas, such as double chins or fatty deposits above the knees or ankles. It can be safely used in almost any area, but CoolSculpting may be a more appropriate treatment for larger treatment zones.
- Only medical professionals that have received specialist training in administering Aqualyx, should treat patients with this product. Aqualyx Injections are usually repeated every 3 – 4 weeks and typically 2 injections at each spot during each treatment.
PRODUCT DATA: 10 x 8 ml vials of Aqualyx