Lip Flip Vs Lip Filler: The Lips are by far one of the most defining features of our face and are often the focal point of attention when it comes to beauty and aesthetics. With the overwhelming rise of social media, there has been an increasing trend in lip enhancement procedures, specifically lip flips and filler treatments.
While these treatments may seem similar at first glance, there are actually some key differences between this two that we should be aware of before deciding which treatment is right to go in for.
What is a Lip Flip vs Lip filler?
A Lip Flip is a non-surgical cosmetic procedure that uses small doses of Botox to temporarily relax the muscles around the lips, giving them a fuller and more defined appearance. The procedure specifically targets the orbicularis muscles of the upper lip, causing the upper lip to “flip” outward, providing a fuller and more desirable appearance.
It is mainly suitable for individuals with a smaller upper lip than a lower lip and is also an effective way to reduce a gummy smile. The procedure takes only a few minutes to perform, and results can last up to four months.
- Non-invasive: Lip Flip is a non-surgical procedure that involves injecting Botox into the lip area. This means there is no downtime and minimal discomfort.
- Cost-effective: A Lip Flip procedure is less expensive compared to Lip filler and other Lip enhancement procedures.
- Natural-looking: Lip Flip is a subtle procedure that can enhance the appearance of the lips without drastically changing their shape.
- Lip Flip Results are not immediate: Botox Results are not immediate and may take up to 14 days to become noticeable.
- Temporary Results: A Lip Flip procedure effect only last a few months, so regular maintenance is required to maintain the desired look.
- Limited in Results: Lip Flip is a subtle procedure that can only enhance the appearance of the lips slightly. If you are looking for more dramatic results, Lip Filler may be a better option.
- Potential risks: Patients may experience minor side effects like bruising and swelling.
What is a Lip Filler?
Lip fillers are a long-term solution for adding volume and definition to the lips. The procedure involves injecting a hyaluronic acid-based filler into the lips to add volume, and hydration and restore moisture to the skin.
The results can last for up to a year, and touch-up treatments can be done to maintain the desired look. The hyaluronic acid used in lip fillers is naturally found in the body. It is injected into the vermillion border of the lip to increase volume, creating soft, poutier, and fuller lips. Additionally, lip fillers can also fill in the lines around the lips to smooth the appearance of the skin.
- Immediate and Long-lasting Results: Lip fillers immediately add volume and give instant results. They typically last 6 to 12 months, so the effects are longer-lasting than Lip Flip.
- Customisable: A Lip Filler can be used to create a variety of looks, from subtle enhancements to more dramatic changes.
- Flexible treatment options: The number of injectables used can be adjusted to achieve the desired appearance.
- Cost: Lip Filler is a more expensive procedure than Lip Flip.
- Potential risks: Patients may experience bruising, redness, tenderness, mild pain, swelling and inflammation, but wont last for a longer period.
If you are looking for a subtle, natural-looking enhancement to for lips, Lip Flip vs lip filler may be the way to go. However, Lip Filler may be a better fit if you are looking for dramatic change. You may also opt to combine these two treatments to achieve a balanced result.
It’s also important to note that a qualified professional should perform both Lip Flip vs Lip Filler.